Brian is a writer and broadcaster from Katoomba, New South Wales and established Loud as a print zine in Sydney in 1996. His rock writing has appeared in publications such as Rolling Stone, On the Street, In Your Face, Rebel Razor, Loudmouth, Hysteria and more and he presented a weekly metal/hard rock radio show on community radio from 1995 until 2019. His reference tome 'The Encyclopaedia of Australian Heavy Metal' and novel 'Aftermath' were both published during 2015.
- Features Nasum: Grind Finale "Some people have a hard time believing that we will quit but I assure you, this is it,"
- Album Reviews Adrift for Days: Come Midnight… A sense of harrowing disquiet and lurking fear
- Album Reviews Nile: At the Gate of Sethu Epic-of-scope technical brutality
- Album Reviews Megadeth: Another Time, A Different Place by Bill Hale
- Features Periphery: Revenge of the Nerds "Misha was one of the first to get a really interesting new production style out of recording this way"
- Features Nile: From the Catacombs "Human beings are the same despicable creatures that we've been for thousands of years"
- Album Reviews Bound For Ruin: Divisions Standard, play-by-numbers melodic metalcore
- Features Impending Doom: In Reverence "The way we thought of the name was just really lame"
- Features Kreator: Still Flying the Flag "I see the evolution of thrash metal as very critical"
- Features Fear Factory: Fully Mechanised "It's pretty awesome that some of things we've discussed in our Fear Factory stories are coming true"
- Features Gojira: Call of the Wild "It’s a bit complex, emotional and we love playing a riff that is sometimes ten minutes"
- Features Astriaal: Return of the Dark "Black metal is in a very strong position as the variety and experimental expansion the scene in general is undertaking is very impressive"