Brian is a writer and broadcaster from Katoomba, New South Wales and established Loud as a print zine in Sydney in 1996. His rock writing has appeared in publications such as Rolling Stone, On the Street, In Your Face, Rebel Razor, Loudmouth, Hysteria and more and he presented a weekly metal/hard rock radio show on community radio from 1995 until 2019. His reference tome 'The Encyclopaedia of Australian Heavy Metal' and novel 'Aftermath' were both published during 2015.
- Album Reviews Between the Buried and Me: The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues Pushing each other towards new heights of virtuosity every couple of minutes
- Features HammerFall: A New Infection "Listen to the album, buy the album and open up the booklet"
- Live Reviews Segression Annandale Hotel, Annandale NSW
May 6, 2011
- Album Reviews Gay Paris: The Skeleton’s Problematic Granddaughter Really unexpected hard rock music
- Features Morbid Angel: Insane Divinity "We were just trying to broaden the horizons of extreme music"
- Features Gay Paris: Grit, Edges and Horror "The band you start in if you’re a lifelong musician is not the band that you’re going to finish in, probably"
- Live Reviews FLOATINGME Annandale Hotel, Annandale NSW
April 29, 2011
- Features Jeff Martin 777: Riverland Rambling "There's great things to come from this band"
- Album Reviews Pushking: The World as We Love It So bad it made me wish I was listening to Limp Bizkit instead
- Album Reviews Keith Emerson Band feat. Marc Bonilla: Moscow Pretty heavy going for a casual audience
- Features Hate Eternal: Phoenix Rising "I've done some different stuff and that certainly opens people's eyes to me being able to do this and that"
- Album Reviews Clagg: Lord of the Deep An evil-sounding picture of musical enormity