Brian is a writer and broadcaster from Katoomba, New South Wales and established Loud as a print zine in Sydney in 1996. His rock writing has appeared in publications such as Rolling Stone, On the Street, In Your Face, Rebel Razor, Loudmouth, Hysteria and more and he presented a weekly metal/hard rock radio show on community radio from 1995 until 2019. His reference tome 'The Encyclopaedia of Australian Heavy Metal' and novel 'Aftermath' were both published during 2015.
- Features King Parrot: Open the Pit Up "We just put heaps of energy into it and get right into the crowd and everyone's having a good time and getting loose"
- Features Fozzy: Riders on the Storm "Ultimately the riff and the lyric are going to be the foundation, the blueprint, of every song"
- Album Reviews Ian Rilen and the Love Addicts: Family From Cuba A glorious rock n roll album
- Features Red Bee: Causing a Buzz "We love playing with brutal bands and we love playing with proggy bands"
- Album Reviews Parkway Drive: Atlas The style may be the same, but the method is different
- Features Bento: Some Days are Diamonds " It's really hard to compare Silverchair to what I'm doing now"
- Features Dark Funeral: The Principles of Evil "I just think that the few religious people are getting more extreme to protect their belief"
- Album Reviews Katatonia: Dead End Kings A world of loss, despair and existential turmoil
- Features As I Lay Dying: No Wasted Words "The songs that stand out to me are the ones that, I feel, are more spontaneous"
- Features Miss May I: Nod to the Old School "I don’t even like breakdowns in our own songs"
- Features Fear Factory: Rise of the Machine "Technology is doing a lot of bad things in the entertainment industry. It's making a lot of people's jobs obsolete"
- Features Nekromantix: Digging the Grave "It hasn’t really been spoiled or damaged by the mainstream"