Brian is a writer and broadcaster from Katoomba, New South Wales and established Loud as a print zine in Sydney in 1996. His rock writing has appeared in publications such as Rolling Stone, On the Street, In Your Face, Rebel Razor, Loudmouth, Hysteria and more and he presented a weekly metal/hard rock radio show on community radio from 1995 until 2019. His reference tome 'The Encyclopaedia of Australian Heavy Metal' and novel 'Aftermath' were both published during 2015.
- Features Chimaira: A Year of Hell "I try to keep up with our peers and hear what they're up to"
- Album Reviews Cockfight Shootout: Asleep in Exile Hook-ridden hard rocking joy
- Album Reviews Taberah: The Light of Which I Dream An earthy conviction and energy in the approach
- Features Blind Guardian: Riding Into Obsession "You don't go to the bakery around the corner and grab his bread and say, 'Man, I love your bread, but I'll take it for free.' That's stealing!"
- Live Reviews Bastardfest Sydney Sandringham Hotel, Newtown NSW
September 23, 2011
- Features Machine Head: The More Things Change "I think that Machine Head kinda grew up in the last few years"
- Album Reviews Mortal Sin: Psychology of Death Some of the best thrash to be released this year
- Features The Amity Affliction: Don’t Fear the Reaper "Getting awards doesn’t make us sleep at night"
- Album Reviews Machine Head: Unto the Locust Brings all of Machine Head's skills to the table
- Features Crashdïet: Youth Gone Wild 'Argh! A bunch of guys trying to repeat the 80s, who do they think they are?'
- Album Reviews Opeth: Heritage Nothing like anything they've done before
- Features Claim the Throne: Beer, Bawd and Bastardry "There’s all these bands over here and not many venues, so it’s quite hard to get a gig"