Brian is a writer and broadcaster from Katoomba, New South Wales and established Loud as a print zine in Sydney in 1996. His rock writing has appeared in publications such as Rolling Stone, On the Street, In Your Face, Rebel Razor, Loudmouth, Hysteria and more and he has presented a weekly metal/hard rock radio show on community radio since 1995. His reference tome 'The Encyclopaedia of Australian Heavy Metal' and novel 'Aftermath' were both published during 2015.
- Album Reviews Murderdolls: Women and Children Last Doesn’t pander to any calls for a power ballad or anything other than rocking
- Features Chrissie Hynde & JP Jones: Hi Fidelity "I fuckin' love heavy metal!"
- Album Reviews Buckcherry: All Night Long A pretty decent hard rock release
- Features Ronnie James Dio: Goodbye to the Greatest A Tribute to the Voice of Metal
- Features Metal and the Media: Ignorance or Just Not Newsworthy? Has metal become so normalised in our society that a group with a name like Dying Fetus can tour Australia virtually unnoticed?