Brian is a writer and broadcaster from Katoomba, New South Wales and established Loud as a print zine in Sydney in 1996. His rock writing has appeared in publications such as Rolling Stone, On the Street, In Your Face, Rebel Razor, Loudmouth, Hysteria and more and he presented a weekly metal/hard rock radio show on community radio from 1995 until 2019. His reference tome 'The Encyclopaedia of Australian Heavy Metal' and novel 'Aftermath' were both published during 2015.
- Features Helmet: Ice Cream and Spinach "I love jazz music because it’s extremely difficult and I have to work at it every day"
- Album Reviews Symfonia: In Paradisum Predictable, un-imaginative, uninspiring and bland
- Album Reviews Morbid Angel: Illud Divinum Insanus The sound of a band crashing spectacularly
- Features Between the Buried and Me: A Parallax Dialogue "Making two records at once has been exciting for the fact that we are leaving people hanging"
- Album Reviews Between the Buried and Me: The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues Pushing each other towards new heights of virtuosity every couple of minutes
- Features HammerFall: A New Infection "Listen to the album, buy the album and open up the booklet"
- Live Reviews Segression Annandale Hotel, Annandale NSW
May 6, 2011
- Album Reviews Gay Paris: The Skeleton’s Problematic Granddaughter Really unexpected hard rock music
- Features Morbid Angel: Insane Divinity "We were just trying to broaden the horizons of extreme music"
- Features Gay Paris: Grit, Edges and Horror "The band you start in if you’re a lifelong musician is not the band that you’re going to finish in, probably"
- Live Reviews FLOATINGME Annandale Hotel, Annandale NSW
April 29, 2011
- Features Jeff Martin 777: Riverland Rambling "There's great things to come from this band"