Brian is a writer and broadcaster from Katoomba, New South Wales and established Loud as a print zine in Sydney in 1996. His rock writing has appeared in publications such as Rolling Stone, On the Street, In Your Face, Rebel Razor, Loudmouth, Hysteria and more and he presented a weekly metal/hard rock radio show on community radio from 1995 until 2019. His reference tome 'The Encyclopaedia of Australian Heavy Metal' and novel 'Aftermath' were both published during 2015.
- Album Reviews City of Fire: City of Fire A strong and surprisingly consistent album
- Album Reviews Astriaal: Anatomy of the Infinite A further definition of Astriaal's mastery of their chosen art
- Album Reviews Stone Sour: Audio Secrecy Sounds like precisely the sort of band that Slipknot was formed to destroy
- Album Reviews Murderdolls: Women and Children Last Doesn’t pander to any calls for a power ballad or anything other than rocking
- Features Chrissie Hynde & JP Jones: Hi Fidelity "I fuckin' love heavy metal!"
- Album Reviews Buckcherry: All Night Long A pretty decent hard rock release
- Features Ronnie James Dio: Goodbye to the Greatest A Tribute to the Voice of Metal
- Features Metal and the Media: Ignorance or Just Not Newsworthy? Has metal become so normalised in our society that a group with a name like Dying Fetus can tour Australia virtually unnoticed?