- Features Asking Alexandria: Stand Up and Shout "It's not about how hard a song is to play. It's about what notes you play and how you choose to present them and the energy you get from a song."
- Features Between the Buried and Me: No Parallax Error "We made a book with all the illustrations, everything... all the layout, everything, it all wraps around each other"
- Features Firewind: Act of Defiance "I was doing whiskey shots right away to help me calm down"
- Features Amorphis: A Foreign Tongue "Finnish sounds quite aggressive. Even if you're really happy, it sounds like you're swearing all the time or something!"
- Features Dream Theater: A Further Turn of Events "I like pieces where motifs and ideas get developed and changed and can be allowed to breathe"
Brian is a writer and broadcaster from Katoomba, New South Wales and established Loud as a print zine in Sydney in 1996. His rock writing has appeared in publications such as Rolling Stone, On the Street, In Your Face, Rebel Razor, Loudmouth, Hysteria and more and he presented a weekly metal/hard rock radio show on community radio from 1995 until 2019. His reference tome 'The Encyclopaedia of Australian Heavy Metal' and novel 'Aftermath' were both published during 2015.