Brian is a writer and broadcaster from Katoomba, New South Wales and established Loud as a print zine in Sydney in 1996. His rock writing has appeared in publications such as Rolling Stone, On the Street, In Your Face, Rebel Razor, Loudmouth, Hysteria and more and he presented a weekly metal/hard rock radio show on community radio from 1995 until 2019. His reference tome 'The Encyclopaedia of Australian Heavy Metal' and novel 'Aftermath' were both published during 2015.
- Album Reviews John 5: The Art of Malice A lightning-fast and clearly innovative player
- Album Reviews Buried in Verona: Saturday Night Sever Strictly generic angst-ridden overkill
- Album Reviews Bret Michaels: Custom Built Ultimately serves no purpose
- Album Reviews Blind Guardian: At the Edge of Time A victory for substance over style
- Album Reviews Parkway Drive: Deep Blue A level of maturity and sophistication that many bands lack
- Album Reviews Abscess: Dawn of Inhumanity Dirty, punk-edged death metal thrashing
- Album Reviews Airbourne: No Guts. No Glory Fist-pumpin', headbangin', chorus-shoutin', heavy rockin' goodness
- Features L.A. Guns: Ready to Fire "I'm a magnet for these people who are loaded with controversy"
- Features Dimmu Borgir: Embracing the Occult "We have followed our True Will, without our caring about what other people say about us negatively"
- Features Five Star Prison Cell: Unleashed on the Road "To be a master of good music you've got to embrace everything and interpret everything"
- Features City of Fire: Setting the Stage Ablaze "We're very excited to get on the road and play our music"
- Features Hellyeah: East Coast Stampede "Every night is Friday night at a Hellyeah show"