Brian is a writer and broadcaster from Katoomba, New South Wales and established Loud as a print zine in Sydney in 1996. His rock writing has appeared in publications such as Rolling Stone, On the Street, In Your Face, Rebel Razor, Loudmouth, Hysteria and more and he presented a weekly metal/hard rock radio show on community radio from 1995 until 2019. His reference tome 'The Encyclopaedia of Australian Heavy Metal' and novel 'Aftermath' were both published during 2015.
- Album Reviews Pennywise: All or Nothing Searing, breakneck melodic hardcore
- Features DevilDriver: Return of the Beast "Some of this stuff is so personal that I'm not sure I ever wanna share them"
- Features Killing Joke: A New World Order "It's terrible. It's unbelievable there. I can't imagine touring the US again"
- Album Reviews BerserkerfoX: New World Murder A formidable modern melodic death metal force
- Features Cannibal Corpse: A Life of Death "The one good thing about the death metal scene is that it’s always been around. Since it started, it’s never stopped"
- Features Arch Enemy: Legions of Chaos "Religion always gets a good bashing from Arch Enemy"
- Features Dawn Heist: Down to Zero "We're looking to stretch out over the rest of Asia"
- Features DragonForce: A Rise to Power "I like to see the audience and they like to see our fingers moving, jumping around and all that"
- Features Shinedown: Sounds of Madness "I think bullying is something that’s always going to be with us"
- Album Reviews Empires Laid Waste: With the Tide Comes Destruction A pretty effective collection
- Features Steve Lukather: Seeing Clearly Now "All I ever wanted to be was a working musician"
- Album Reviews Cannibal Corpse: Torture Still showing everyone how it's done