James Birkin is a writer from Perth whose work has appeared on places such as Tone Deaf. He is currently the editor of Wall of Sound.
- Live Reviews Shihad Rosemount Hotel, North Perth WA
November 1, 2014
- Album Reviews Tempest Rising: Transmutation A promising debut
- Album Reviews Machine Head: Bloodstones & Diamonds Takes a while to appreciate
- Live Reviews Dead Kennedys Capitol, Perth WA
October 11, 2014
- Features A Breach of Silence: Hitting the Road "Our sound really comes from just jamming out random riffs"
- Album Reviews Fallujah: The Flesh Prevails Stands alone in the world of metal
- Features Fear Factory: Industrial Discipline "When we recorded Demanufacture everything just connected right"
- Album Reviews A Breach of Silence: The Darkest Road A distinct difference that similar bands lack
- Album Reviews Kyng: Burn the Serum 70s rock, grunge, stoner with a touch of garage
- Album Reviews This Other Eden: Six Seasons Impeccably produced, beautifully crafted
- Album Reviews Monuments: The Amanuensis One of the best of 2014
- Album Reviews Linkin Park: The Hunting Party Another Linkin Park disappointment