James Birkin is a writer from Perth whose work has appeared on places such as Tone Deaf. He is currently the editor of Wall of Sound.
- Features Meshiaak: A New Beginning "Everything just seems to be gelling and coming together effortlessly"
- Album Reviews Blackened Angel: Chronicles of Damnation Blistering solos, speed and aggression are at the forefront
- Album Reviews Body Count: Manslaughter Turn it up and enjoy the ride
- Features Overkill: The Blitzkrieg "At the end of the day something will taste like iron and something will taste like aluminium"
- Live Reviews Hard-Ons Astor Theatre, Perth WA
June 2, 2014
- Album Reviews Hailmary: Navigate the Sunrise Should progress their push to the forefront of rock nationwide
- Album Reviews Fallen Order: The Age of Kings Ultimately falls short of slaying its competitors
- Album Reviews Whitechapel: Our Endless War A progression, however slight
- Album Reviews Zakk Wylde’s Black Label Society: Catacombs of the Black Vatican When you’re onto a good thing, stick to it
- Features Killer be Killed: Four of a Kind "We all knew that we wanted something different but I knew it would happen with the musicians we had involved"
- Features Chainsaw Hookers: Blood Rock Brothers "I got the best history lesson of my life from Keith Morris.”
- Features Lost Society: Thrash to Treasure "It just comes from within"