James Birkin is a writer from Perth whose work has appeared on places such as Tone Deaf. He is currently the editor of Wall of Sound.
- Features Backtrackin’: Allegiance "Although most of us liked making the Allegiance music, we were very hard on each other to perform well at the time"
- Album Reviews Gama Bomb: The Terror Tapes You’ll need a stiff drink after a run through of this album
- Album Reviews Black Sabbath: 13 As relevant now as they were all that time ago
- Album Reviews Anvil: Hope in Hell Sometimes thrashy, occasionally cheesy but always pure metal
- Album Reviews Megadeth: Super Collider Not the Megadeth we know and love
- Album Reviews Volbeat: Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies A fun-filled country/rock/metal adventure
- Album Reviews Chevelle: La Gargola Perhaps their most well crafted album