Cuntscrape/Fecalizer - Scraping the Barrel/The Walking Dead Invasion
31-Jul-2012 Label: Prime Cuts
Playing time: 39.00
Reviewed by Brian Giffin
A year since their last forced insertion into the collective ear canal of grind fans, Cuntscrape unleash a new split CD of pure tastelessness with Mexican gore-hounds Fecalizer along for the show. Fecalizer's tracks mainly consist of over-long samples of people fighting zombies and bad, repetitive grindcore with terrible production. The vocals are extremely gutteral and musically the band sounds like someone keeping time to a washing machine with a paint tin. There really is little to recommend here.
On the other side of the coin, Cuntscrape could well be in danger of being taken seriously with this effort. Well, if it weren't for the band name, bottle-fucking porn and titles like "With Pants Wide Open", that is. The samples that graced their previous recordings have been almost completely dispensed with as they go for a pretty minimalistic approach while varying the breakneck pace with bursts of sludgy thrash like "She's a Mudshark" and the dirty groove of Pungent Stench's "Viva la Muerte", featuring El Cochino himself. There's even a credible thrashing death version of a MSTRKRFT track. Far from scraping the barrel, it appears that Cuntscrape has transcended its early veneer as a disposable joke band and is taking a good stab at being legit.
Just not too legit.
1. Cuntscrape - Fishing for String
2. Cuntscrape - She's a Mudshark
3. Cuntscrape - With Pants Wide Open
4. Cuntscrape - Gynaseum of Vaginal Disease
5. Cuntscrape - Viva la Muerte
6. Cuntscrape - Grotesque Laceration of Mortified Flesh
7. Cuntscrape - 1000 Cigarettes
8. Fecalizer - The Walking Dead Invasion
9. Fecalizer - Open the Fucking Graves
10. Fecalizer - Grind Blessing
11. Fecalizer - Living Dead Dominion
12. Fecalizer - Rancid Smell of Death
13. Fecalizer - Condemned to Extinction
To browse a complete A-Z list of Loud Magazine’s music reviews, please click here